Saturday, April 28, 2007

Additions to the Blog Roll

I'd like to welcome two new additions to the blog roll. Eric is building Nina, an LB22 model, designed my the folks over at Bateau -- the same crew that designed the boat Greg and I are building.

Ben is building his boat in The Invisible Workshop which, in his words, is "a nomadic, exterior boatbuilding space."

If you're discouraged from building a boat because of the slow rate of progress that Greg and I display, please check out these blogs. They certainly demonstrate that a boat doesn't need to be built over a two-plus year period. The second blog also shows that you don't need an elaborate workspace to achieve your dream.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I don't envy you all that sanding. After less than a week I'm fair sick of it. I think I have a low threshold for sanding and a high tolerance for flaws in my finish. Cheers for the link.
Ben

bdillahu said...

Thanks for sharing your build process... I don't know how I've missed finding you so far :-)

Learned a lot reading through your posts... keep it up!

I put a link on my blog, for what its worth:

http://www.craftacraft.com/building_houseboat_actually_bateau_gt23_gt_cruiser