Thursday, May 17, 2007

Got the Pic

I finally got around to snapping an updated picture of the boat. The color you see is tinted epoxy, not a finished paint job, but hey it's progress. Either way this shot should give you an idea of what we've done since my last post with a photograph. The shape is a little more refined, and the spray rails are much more polished.

I still can't wait to get this thing flipped, but the picture helps me visualize the progress we've made over the last couple of months.

To put things in a little more perspective, I've been looking at other builders' boats. Today I did a check-in on Andrew Lucking's boat. Andrew started a couple of months before Greg and I did, and it looks like we're progressing at a similar pace. Of course Andrew is a one-man show, and has a shorter season because he's in Canada, but it still helps keep the perspective.

3 comments:

andrew lucking said...

If only my hull looked that good! I know it's been frustrating at times but I think you guys are going to be damned proud of yourselves for persevering.

Now, what's the painting plan? Full paint job before flipping?

Buy one another a pint or something guys. You deserve a reward.

Cheers,
A.

Peter said...

Looking good! Is that the stern, closest to the camera?

OzzyC said...

Andrew: We will paint the entire hull before flipping, but we'll need to touch up the transoms after the flip. We plan to use a fulcrum method for the boat flip. This will only two people to flip the boat, but will require us to drill some holes in the transoms and then flip it.

Peter: The bow is closer to the camera. I hope you've had a lot of fun with Fuggles. I'd love to see another post, where you talk about how much fun you've had sailing her.