Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A "Break"

On Saturday Greg and I were able to sneak in an extra few hours of work, during which time we finished sanding and priming the one remaining section of unprimed hull. It was incredibly gratifying to see the entire boat primed. We next planned to fine-sand the primer in preparation for the actual paint.

Alas, our plans have been slowed by fate. On Sunday I fractured my ankle while learning to water ski. I took a tumble and the ski didn't pop off. Fortunately it's a minor break and I only need to wear a boot, as opposed to a full-blown cast. I also got the green light to put weight on the foot, so I may be able to do some boat work after all.

2 comments:

andrew lucking said...

Casts aren't all that fun in the summer heat are they? Hope ya heal up quickly.

I'm looking forward to seeing that primed hull when you're back on your feet.

Cheers,
A.

OzzyC said...

I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. I've talked to Greg and we're going to try to schedule our work so I can contribute to the project before I lose the boot. I'm going to try working from a stool.