Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bigger than I Realized


I can't describe how nice it is to be doing something other than sanding and fairing. The stringers have been removed, and we're now beginning to tape the internal seams. Greg taped the front transom over the weekend, and we both taped the rear transom last night. During last night's session, my younger daughter climbed inside the hull and cruised around on her Heelys. That was when I realized just how big this boat actually is. I took a video of this, which is posted here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg and Dave,
I stumbled upon your project while researching plywood houseboats last night.Wow,what a project!I read through the whole blog and watched all the videos in one sitting.I can't wait to show my grandaughter the video of Dave's daughter skating in the boat.
I'm currently working on a restoration project.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19251

Check it out,and keep up the good work!I'll check back to follow the progress.

OzzyC said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by. Looks like you've got a great project going as well.