Saturday, November 15, 2008

Time Flies

"I'm not dead."

It seems that I've been saying that a lot lately. It's not that I'm neglecting things per se, it's more accurate to say I'm prioritizing. The internet, and my blogs in particular, have been downgraded in priority.

Greg and I are still doing work on the boat, but it's been slow going. I hope that our pace will pick up in the not-too-distant future. The slow pace is really more of a soap opera than anything, but if you're interested, read on.

You see, my ex-wife and Greg's wife are best friends. The ex got evicted from her apartment around the beginning of the year, and having nowhere else to go, Greg's wife agreed to let my ex move in with them. I don't exactly hate my ex, but I don't enjoy her presence either. And while I must give her credit for trying to not infringe on my male-bonding time when I went go Greg's for boat work, the knowledge that I was -- in some sort of twisted way -- hanging out at my ex-wife's place, certainly put a damper on my desire to hang out at Greg's house.

In addition to this, Greg and his wife started house-hunting. They found a new home and will be moving in a couple of weeks. The garage is bigger and better than what we have now, and the ex isn't moving with them. This means that we may have more boat time... but not until after Greg gets moved in to the new place.

No comments: